Wednesday, August 12, 2009

6a+

Yesterday, Mike and I headed up to firewall on Ton Sai beach and did a nice 6a called "groove tube". I am working on my leading technique and doing alright with it. We then led a tougher 6a+ (5.10b) which after slipping off once, I finally got it! There was a tough maneuver, and I felt pretty good about it. One of the best feelings in the world. As a reward, I treated myself to a nalgene full of electrolytes and pad thai in a bag!

I then went to meet a good friend Tara. It was really nice to hang out and to catch up with her, and to have company here.

The culture here in Ton Sai is nice. It reminds me a lot of high school, and that there are different cliques - I even told someone that they are the Zach Morris of the Max or the Brandon of the Peach Pit. I usually eat breakfast at a place called Pyramid or a 40 baht omelette at Chicken Mama's.
And have become a big fan of 10 baht pad thai in a little baggy, which we call lunchable pad thai.
In the evening the transient expat climber crowd finds its way to a bar called "small world" where the Thai bar tenders amaze the tipsy clientel with there fireshows and slack-line acrobatics. It is seriously impressive.

I am enjoying my time here and working on the climbing. Tomorrow may see a Deep Water Solo climbing experience, but will make a game time call.

Off to hit the walls...

No comments: